Dear IEA members,
For the last few weeks we have been holding the triennial IEA elections. There were 728 members who voted (a little less than half of the current membership).
Our congratulations go to Valerie Beral who has been elected President, Enrique Barros who has been elected unopposed as President-Elect, Vinod Srivastava who has been elected unopposed as Secretary, and Lorenzo Richiardi who has been elected as Treasurer, as well as to the successful regional candidates.
We would also like to thank all of the candidates for putting themselves forward to work for the IEA and to promote epidemiology globally. The full list of elected candidates is as follows:
· President – Valerie Beral
· President-Elect – Enrique Barros
· Secretary – Vinod Srivastava
· Treasurer – Lorenzo Richiardi
· Africa – Newton Kumwenda
· Eastern Mediterranean – Salim Adib
· Europe – Elisabette Weiderpass Vainio
· Latin America & Caribbean – Rita Barradas
· North America – Nancy Krieger
· South East Asia – Umesh Kapil
· Western Pacific – Anthony La Montagna
Finally, a special thanks to our nominations committee that included Neil Pearce, Rodolfo Saracci, Maria Ines Schmidt and Akin Abebiyi.
Cesar Victora, IEA President